Friday, September 5, 2014

White printing

I would like to talk about white parts which are limited by my printer.
For exemple, here is a picture of the back of a Boeing 737-800 :


As you can see, both door and boeing title are white. Designing them on my computer is not a problem, because it's the same job for having a blue, a red, a yellow or a white inscription.


If you print this picture on a normal paper, what will you see ? A blue and a red inscription ? Right. But now, the same picture with a coloured background :


There was a third inscription ! But your printer didn't saw it... because white ink does not exists. And it's all the problem, because if I print this picture on a decal paper, you will have nothing instead of the title. What I can do is not the best workaround, but it can help you if you really need white decals.

For having it white on you model, I will print this picture :


In fact, it's the blue that will appear on the decal. And then, if you apply it on a white surface, you will have the impression of having a white decal.

(The inscription will appear with the same color that the one of the background.)

No comments:

Post a Comment