Monday, October 6, 2014

Heller paper - to be continued...

Heller paper is very different than a normal decal paper. I made many trials and I ruined 3 complete papers for having the best printing quality. The fact is the ink did not set as well as on a decal paper, because they use a different ink which is not available for most of our printers. I need to adapt myself.

About varnishing, it is not as simple as I expected. If I don't want to see the decal dissolving by water, I need to put varnish before printing (and after too, of course). Strange, but it seems to be ok like this. I will make some more trials to be sure.

For those who need just parts of a airplane (or logos for buses, catering truck, passenger gates etc...) juste send a PM at Wings900 or by mail and we will discuss about it.

I plan to vectorize some of my work. Actually, I only use Photoshop and all my decals a made with pixels, that seems quality for small parts is not always as good as I would like. With vectors, decals should be good in good quality, even if the decal is small or very big !

To be continued ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment